Thursday, December 1, 2011

New Items!

Hey Everyone,
Happy December to all.  I can't believe it's already Holiday time and I couldn't be happier!  I just love Christmas time with all of the music, the lights, the parties, warm clothes, getting my sparkle on, the flood of Christmas picture cards that fill my mailbox and eventually cover an entire door and wall in my entryway. I thought about maybe adding music to my blog, but then I read that sometimes it can be a negative.  Not just Christmas music but music in general. I don't know about you but I can understand that.  We are a vast bunch and one size doesn't fit all. I imagine that I may be a little overboard with my {still going strong} Country Music obsession. I'm pretty sure that the few followers I have would surely hop on their horse and ride off into the sunset if I played what I'd like to! 

Last Friday and Saturday, I spent lots of time in my sewing room.  Here are a few photos of what I uploaded to my shop...
Gathered Craft/Crayon Apron. Front Side.  Accommodates up to 30 crayons.

It's reversible! This is the backside of apron.
 Baby Kimono Bootie and Burp Pad.  Soft Flannel all around. Solid pink side.

Booties and Burp Pad featuring the printed side.

Close up of those adorable booties!!
The Chef Pot Holder/Hot pad. I added Black & White Gingham around the Chef panel.

The reverse side of Chef Pot Holder/Hot pad. A generous 9x10"

The Hot Pad sold right away!  I have more panels with the little Chef guys in different poses.  I'm thinking of making a couple more as well as another idea I've been pondering.
I was sewing until the wee hours of the morning! I looked at the clock at it was 3am.  I called it a day {or night} and slept for a bit and did it again the next day. After a long day, I took a break to put my feet up. Have you ever felt that feeling when you have had a lot of salt & maybe your hands or feet feel swollen? I had that feeling but only in my right leg/calf.  I pulled up my pant leg and ohmygosh, my ankle and calf were bigger than I've ever seen. { I didn't have lots of salt, I actually was so involved in my projects that I "forgot" to eat}. I was thinking blood clot was the culprit.  Afterall, I made the CA-NY & NY-CA non-stop flight twice in four days just last month. My leg was warm to the touch, red, painful, poor refill, couldn't  flex my toes back, and the skin was so tight, there was absolutely no jiggle.  What else could it be? I probably should've went to ER that night but I was busy, tired and kept telling myself, there is no way this could happen to me!  That night I slept with the giant leg elevated. By morning, I could tell nothing was changing and maybe it could happen to me.  Did I go to ER right away?  Nope! Prior plans had been made for brunch that I really wanted to keep. Nurses really are the worst patients!
I dressed appropriately so everyone could check out my calf and ankle and compare my two legs.  Even the triage nurse thought for sure I had a clot.  The blood test was positive for clots so I was rolled off to Ultra Sound.  Guess what? No blood clot!!  What I did have was a Baker's Cyst that had exploded!! ... okay, Burst.  I like saying exploded more.
So I haven't had much experience with this type of Cyst other than it's always behind your knee and usually is found in arthritic people.  Who knew they blew up like that and answered the burning question of where all that fluid/swelling came from.
That was my excitement! I was out of commission the following 24 hrs and then work as usual.  Finally feeling a lot better now.
Until Next Time,  

2 comments:

  1. Well first I LOVE those little booties! And second - OMG! I can't believe you waited so long! Well then again I put off going in too :) I am glad it was nothing serious!

    Cute new items! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie!! Thank you. They are super easy to make and I agree, they're totally adorable. Great little shower gift.
    I know I waited too long to get checked. I kept thinking the swelling would go down. I so didn't want to hassle with ER. I was such a bad example because clots can be serious. Happy that it all turned out well.
    I hope you and your family are all happy and healthy.
    I bet your little guy will have a blast with Christmas around the corner :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...