Sunday, August 7, 2011

\*/ Fabric For Sale \*/

Hey Everyone!  I hope your weekend is going well.  We are still riding the wave of excitement at our house with all the new things going on here.
I have something different in my shop ~ it's Fabric!  I'm definitely not doing this as a regular thing,  I don't think I could keep up with all that's involved in selling yardage. What happened was,  a friend gave me a ton of vintage fabric.  She rescued it out of her Mom's closet while gathering things for Goodwill.  It had been there well over twenty years and most likely from the 1970's.  Her Mom used to sew everything and apparently was like me {and all other fabric stashers out there} and found it hard to resist a great deal when she came across it.  I always find fabric that I "need" even though my closets and cupboards are plenty full of the wonderful stuff already! I'm so happy she thought of me  ~ I had a blast going through my new found treasures.  The reason I'm not keeping it all is because I am running out of room but also I'm not totally fond of the '70's shades of browns and oranges, etc.  But I know a lot of people are!  Also, I don't work with wool or Polly {and her sister Ester}  much so it's best to share the love.  Unfortunately, the fabric content was not with the stash and I'm not an expert at identifying all types.  I read up on "The Burn Test" and tried to set the wool on fire  {please don't try this at home :-)  }.  I can confidently say the it smelled Horrible ~ like burning hair and it was rather difficult to catch fire.  This means it's probably wool.  About the Polyester ~ I don't need a burn test to prove the content of that stuff!  I almost feel bad bringing it back into circulation.  I went to Ebay to figure out how to price it and just went with the lower side.  I know there are all sorts of benefits with making items out of wool but I'll save all that excitement for someone Greener than I am.  I'm starting off with two fabrics for now and you can see other views * H E R E * I N * M Y * S H O P *

Wool Fabric

Wool Fabric

Polly & Ester

Polly & Ester

Until Next Time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...