Sunday, May 20, 2012

Better - After...Trash to Trend...

Hey Everyone!

Have I got a couple great links for you tonight!  While reading blogs & newsletters earlier, I stumbled across some creative ladies.  I love re-using and re-purposing items that would other wise be heading for the trash.  The first one that caught my eye was an old entertainment center. At one point, we even had one of these units but turned it into firewood when we found out there wasn't much of a market for the 1980's white-wash gem.  It also weighed a ton!
Let me grab a couple photos for you.  It was the lovely PiNk that caught my eye and I couldn't turn back...
Here is the BEFORE
Oh Yes,  here is the AFTER !!!
Isn't this AMAZING????  So, I want to give credit to the blogs that I found this adorable project on.  Better After {Archive March 25, 2011}   There are several posts on this one page, so you'll need to scroll down a bit - to 3/25/11.  Over a year later, and there is still a buzz about it.  It's just that cool. 
Well, while scrolling through Better After, I also stumbled upon Trash To Trend  The author Kelsey, has turned a man's plain sweatshirt into the cutest, feminine cover-up ever!!
Check this out:
Neck removed, slice up the middle, v-neck, lace...
So creative!

Notice Elastic Detail Center Back!
Head on over to her blog for more detailed instructions.  Such a great idea and doesn't seem too difficult.  The variations are endless as far as embellishments go.  We have the $5 sweatshirt shops here & I see one in every color ~ Awesome job, Kelsey!
Last, and certainly NOT least - because if it weren't for the creator of the beautiful PiNk kitchen, I would not be talking about it right now....  a whole year later!!!  Denise of STITCHES AND NAILS also has a wonderful blog, full of ideas, tips and lots of pictures!!  I signed up to follow them so I can {try} to keep up with their awesomeness !!  I bet they'd like it if you did the same.  Thanks for reading and have a great week!

Until Next Time,

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the feature :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! Totally deserving. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks also from me! I certainly have been blessed by all the wonderful comments on my 'kitchen'. I have another granddaughter that is getting old enough for a kitchen so I will be making another one soon. They are so much fun to make and accessorize! Thanks again for the feature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Denise!
      You're welcome. I really love your creativity & I hope you post pictures of future "kitchens" !

      Delete

I love your comments :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...