Sunday, September 11, 2011

Safety Reminder!

Hey Everyone! 
I figured since I'm awake at 1am watching PBS & listening to "Straight, No Chaser".  {They are an awesome group that a friend introduced me to last year}.  I thought I'd pass on a safety reminder to you all.  No, not about keeping your fingers away from the needles when your serger is sewing at high speeds! It's about keeping your car doors locked. Here's my story...
Today my husband and I were on our way to the Harbor to meet friends for lunch. First we stopped at the pharmacy. He pulled straight up to the front and I asked him to keep the car running so my phone would charge.  I was texting my boys & noticed a guy walk in front of the car to throw something in the trash. I thought he looked familiar but couldn't place him and went back to my phone. I knew the car to my left had a lady in it, sitting on the passenger side like I was.  I could tell that the man walked between my car & the one to my left.   The driver side door opened and in came one leg.  I thought for a second & remembered my husband didn't have shorts on today. Then he sat down and started straightening my floor mat. {So I have one of those mats that has a picture of a girl on it, like the girl on public bathroom doors. In Pink.} He's still fiddling with my mat!  So I say "Hellooooo?"  I still don't see his face because he's leaning towards the floor {probably thinking.... When did I get this girlie floor mat?} Finally, his wife yells over "Mark, Mark, Get out..... You're in the wrong car!"
Now I scream!!  She screams!
He Jumps out - shuts the door.   Opens the door again and just babbles partial noises - no words, and shuts the door again. When I looked over, his wife is beet red and saying "Sorry".... the man is in his driver's seat now but just looking straight ahead at his steering wheel.  After a few very long minutes, they backed out and left. 
So, luckily I'm in a really safe little city!! That could've been really bad.  Especially because I was thinking I may have known him, and he was trying to be funny or something. My husband would totally do that same thing to someone.  I reminded him of that as he tried to raise his voice at me & say something about me not screaming sooner.
Moral of the story:  Keep your car door locked!
Now back to my Guy concert on TV... and hopefully dreamland :-)
Until Next Time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...