Friday, July 8, 2011

**Going Green **

Hey Everyone!  Boy, do I have a treat for you.  While looking around in Blog-Land, I discovered another really cute blog. She is funny and creative and takes great pictures.  I saw this idea and just had to re-post it.  I'm always looking for ways to re-use items around the house and this is a little craft that satisfies my pack-rat   going green and recycling instinct. A big Thank You to Lucy at ATTIC 24  for showing off herTPR Family {Toilet Paper Roll}

Wouldn't you know,  I JUST took about 20 empty rolls into the office for a fun summer gardening project for a 'tween I know. You can secure about 5 of these together and then fill half way with soil, plant a small bulb or seeds, then more soil. Place on drain tray.    * Water * Wait * When they begin to sprout, they can be transferred into the ground or a large pot and be on their way!   Who knew??   I bet most people just throw them away {into their recycle bin, that is}.  Oh! just thought of two more things as I'm typing... they can be painted, or covered with pretty paper, or left plain and then carefully cut into "rings" and then stapled or taped into a "chain"  Sorry, no pics for these, but I know you've got the visual.  Another idea, which I have not tested, and wonder if it could be a fire-hazard...... so I just deleted my next sentence!  Anyway, I'd love to hear any ideas you have for recycling typical throw away items at your house. Feel free to email me if you don't want to post.
Happy Friday
Until Next Time,

5 comments:

  1. So cute!! Grass seed would be cute too for "hair"!! We try to be as green as possible. We used cloth diapers for 2 1/2 years and we don't use paper towels or paper napkins, all cloth. You would be surprised how much of a difference little things can make! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy!
    When our boys were in diapers, we used cloth too. Back then {27+ yrs ago} I don't think it was so much being green, I just liked the look & feel of them. I used to buy these really cute rubber pants in San Diego called Rubber Duckies. They weren't like anything I bought from local stores, lots of bright colors and stayed soft. Cloth was also more economical than paper diapers too.
    We also notice the savings using cloth napkins. It's like you're always eating at a nice restaurant! Lol.
    I like the idea of grass hair, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are too cute! Every time I throw away a paper roll I hesitate because I remember using for crafts projects as kid. I'll start saving them again from now on.

    By the way, I saw your sewing projects and was wondering if you would like to join the artsy ants up-cycling week and have a project featured? 

    http://artsyants.blogspot.com/2011/07/announcement-upcycling-week-july-25-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute! And totally green!

    Also, come by and see the award I nominated you for! http://stresscasey.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-first-blogging-award-my-top-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. @simona, you'll have to show me what you make with your tp rolls! Thank you for the invite. I will click on over to your blog to check it out. I'll email you with questions :-)

    @ Casey, you have to make a little family for you and your hubby. Award? How sweet... I'll come check it out and you can bet I'll award you right back.
    ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...