Thursday, August 7, 2014

Hey Everyone!
Hope your summer is going well and creativity is flowing.
I have some photos to share of earrings I made. I know, I'm veering from the sewing machine a little but it's not a permanent thing. Just mixing it up a bit.
Over the past year I've had quite the Ebay "problem". I'm finding the best deals ever on stuff I totally do not need. I've got a great stock of jewelry and other trinkets. This does come in handy when a birthday comes along.
I was checking out how simple some pieces are and thought I'd try to make some myself. Ebay also has an endless supply of supplies.... Lucky me! 
Here's a sampling of a few pairs I've made this past week...

Collage of Earrings






I love how easy these were to make. I have a 3-in-1 tool {needle nose pliers plus it cuts wire, etc} it is very handy. I've built up my stash to include lots of beads and charms, flat head and round end pins for stringing, jump rings for connecting, earring hooks as well as closures for bracelets and necklaces. I find it's very therapeutic!
I've had some weird changes in my health so this keeps my mind off things.

Other news: we have a new foster dog named Lexi. She is a doll! She came from a home that must've let her free feed because she was terribly over weight.  She isn't the type to have much discipline in the area of food. {Hummmm, like a few humans I know!}
For Italian Greyhounds, it's a really bad thing because they are small dogs with low body fat. Poor Lexi looked like a Dachshund when we got her! She had too much weight for her skinny legs. Plus she had a thyroid problem and now needs daily meds.
She is doing so well with her new "life style".  She's down to about 14.8 lbs - she was about 28 lbs.  
When she came into rescue, her teeth were terrible and most had to be removed. As a result, there is nothing to hold back her beefy tongue! She always looks like she's had a really good night :-)  Here's a pic I took of her tonight while she was laying next to me on the couch...


Of course I had to put that directly on Instagram. She's so darn cute! Yes, she also lets me paint her nails. She tries to be like the other two. This one is going to be hard to let go.

Stay crafty!
Until Next Time,
 

1 comment:

  1. The blue ones are really cute! I love dangly earrings. Keep up the good work because you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...