Thursday, July 26, 2012

Hey Everyone!
So I've been a little M.I.A. lately... but with a good excuse!  The first wedding is just around the corner.  I thought I'd take a moment to update while waiting for some hair product to work it's magic on this head of mine :-)
Every spare minute, I've been working on my sweet, soon to be daughters wedding veil and sash for her dress.  I can't post pictures yet {it's a big secret!} but I sure will once they've set sail on their honeymoon. I'm hand beading the sash and it's so pretty! I knew I loved beads and bling but when you add them one glass seed bead at a time, you really grow fond.  Actually, I suppose the feelings could go either way. Hand work does take a long time but it's also rather relaxing. For the most part, it's pretty portable too, you can take it anywhere.  Well, maybe not this particular project but most others.  I'm working with clear thread, teeny glass seed beads, clear sequins, beautiful Swarowski pearls as well as several other hard to see and itsy-bitsey beautiful treasures.
The veil is single layer elbow length. I added the little Swarovski pearls along the lower edge. It looks so delicate!
My son who lives in NY, will be back out a week from today {Yay}. He's the best man and also in charge of the bachelor party which will be a week from tomorrow.
Everything is coming together so nicely but of course I will shop until the last minute to make sure I've got the best dress ever.  And shoes!  The poor UPS man has been delivering shoes for a few weeks now.  I'm sure I won't keep them all but a girl has got to have choices!   Plus I do have another wedding just 8 short weeks after this one. And dresses, can you ever have too many dresses? I don't think so.
The timer has sounded...  more later.  Hope everyone is having a great summer.
Until Next Time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...